Learn how to fight urban fires, conduct rescues, and deal with hazardous materials – and get the nationally recognised PUA20613 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations).
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government under the Smart and Skilled program.
Eligible individuals will be entitled to a subsidy to cover most of the cost of this training; the NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course and the student pays the balance. For this program, the NSW Government subsidy covers more than 70% of the course price.
Student fees start at just $990 for eligible learners, and additional fee exemptions and concessions are also available for some participants.
Overview of the program
The Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations) covers the skills and knowledge required by firefighters to perform a range of varied activities, such as structural fire fighting and responding to rescue incidents. Our program has also been designed to include elective units dealing with hazardous materials incidents.
The skills and knowledge developed on this program can be used in work in a wide range of industries, such as emergency services, construction and manufacturing and the resources sector.
You will need to be assessed as competent in each of the required units of competency in order to receive this qualification.
Are you eligible?
- 15 years old or over?
- No longer at school?
- Living or working in NSW?
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
- Have not completed a post-school qualification above a Certificate III level?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all five questions, then you may be eligible to enrol in this government-subsidised course under the Smart and Skilled program.
For more information please visit www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au.
How much does it cost?
- $990 – For a student qualifying for the subsidy, if this is their first Smart and Skilled qualification this year
- $1190 – For a student qualifying for the subsidy, if this is their second or further Smart and Skilled qualification this year
- $260 – For a student qualifying for the subsidy, who is also eligible for a concession
- $3640 – Full course price for students not qualifying for a subsidy
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, students with disabilities and their dependants may qualify for fee exemptions when they enrol in Smart and Skilled training.
More information and how to enrol
Complete the following forms:
USI Application form (if you don’t already have a USI).
Once we receive your forms, RR+R will confirm your eligibility and calculate the subsidy and fee specific to your individual circumstances within the NSW Government system. This ‘books’ your subsidised place in the program.